Saturday, December 6, 2008

Silverton rocks


Oh man do I love skiing. I love it, love it, love it. And snowboarding, cross country skiing, and snow. Lots of it. We don't have much so far this year, so I thought I'd share some shots from a ski trip to Silverton Mountain, Colorado last season. We wanted to go where there always seems to be lots of snow and were blown away by the place. It had been dumping on and off for weeks and we lucked out and had a warm partly cloudy day. Simply the most incredible ski area, Silverton has only one lift that lands at the end of a spectacular ridge that can be hiked and skiied on both sides. Every run we made had at least one fall-and-you-get-hurt zone. I rode with some old friends, whooped it up and just had a kick a-- time that day. I shot these with my Lomo plastic fisheye camera and old Kodak 400 NC film.

Silverton's base area at dawn


Brian taking it in while Campi locks it on


Campi, Mark and I stopped to check out the ice climbers in Ouray

watsonphoto.com

No comments: